Bullet or Shinkansen Train in India
The Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet train HSR(High Speed Rail) project costs around 1.10 lakh crore.
This high-speed Shinkansen trains will take to reach the destination is 2.58 hours and the rapid high-speed will take to cover the distance in 2.07 hours, officials said. Ministry of Railways expects around 36,000 daily users travel per day for both direction by 2023, will go up to 186,000 by 2053.
Shinkansen means a ‘new trunk line’ in Japanese. The first Shinkansen train ran at a maximum speed of 210 km/h. Today, a Shinkansen’s maximum speed is 320 km/h. It was the fastest train in the world till 2002 when China ran a maglev train at 431km/h.
Some important information about Mumbai-Ahmedabad HSR Projects are:-
1. Ministry of Railway has planned a total of 12 stations for high-speed bullet train — Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad and Sabarmati.
2. High-speed train covers 508 km stretch, 92% (468 km) of the route will be elevated, 6% (27km) 21 km in tunnel, 7 km undersea and remaining 2% (13 km) will be on the ground
3. A total of 24 high-speed Shinkansen trains will be imported from Japan and then rest of the rakes will be manufactured in India.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has claimed the by Japan’s bullet train offered to India is virtually free of cost. A 50-year yen(currency of japan) loan amounting to Rs 88,000 crore at 0.1 % interest.
5. Maximum speed can attain: 350 kmph.
6. Maximum speed will operate: 320 kmph.
7. Commencement of start this project is Sep, 2017.
8. Planned for completion is Dec, 2023.
9. Journey Time :-
a) 2.07 hours (having limited stops)
b) 2.58 hours (stoping in all stations)
Existing travel time for this journey is 7-8 hours.
10. Capacity : 36,000 pasengers for first year.
11. Trainset: 10-car variant of Japan’s E5 Series Shinkansen with 698 Seats for Standard Class and 55 seats for Business class.
12. Expected Fare Chart:-
a) Rs 2500-3000 for Standard Class.
b) Rs 4500-5000 for Business Class.