The first Hamsafar Express is expected to start in March-2017 between Delhi and Gorakhpur.
Features and Facilities : –
- Hamsafar Express estimated to cost about Rs 2.6 crore per coach and exterior of coaches will have a futuristic look with the use of Vinyl sheets.
- Hamsafar Express equipped with vending machine of coffee/tea/soup, hot and refrigerated pantry and other facilities such as Khadi linens and waste basket in each cabin.
- Hamsafar Express equipped with bio toilets and mobile and laptop charging points in compartments.
- Hamsafar Express contains GPS-based passenger information system.
- First 22-coach Humsafar Express will be pressed into service on dynamic fare system.
- Safety measures in compartments such as introduction of fire,smoke detection,suppression system and CCTV cameras.
- Hamsafar Express has side curtains on the corridors like 2ac which were removed from 3-tier AC sleepers.
- Has LED screen display to show information about stations, train speed etc and will have announcement system as well.
Indian Railways has declared to launch the following Humsafar Express trains.
- 12503/12504 Kamakhya – Bangalore Cantt. (Weekly)
- 12595/12596 Gorakhpur – Anand Vihar T (Tri-weekly)
- 14715/14716 Sri Ganganagar – Tiruchirapalli (Weekly)
- 19423/19424 Ahmedabad – Chennai Central (Weekly)
- 22317/22318 Sealdah – Jammu Tawi (Weekly)
- 22705/22706 Tirupati – Jammu Tawi (Weekly)
- 22833/22834 Bhubaneswar – Krishnarajpuram (Weekly)
- 22867/22868 Durg – Hazrat Nizamuddin (Bi-Weekly)
- 22887/22888 Howrah – Yesvantpur (Weekly)
- 22913/22914 Bandra T. – Patna (Weekly)